In New York State, Public Swimming Pools must have a state, city, or county health department permit to operate legally and must operate in compliance with 6-1 (Swimming Pools) of the State Sanitary Code requirements. A permit is issued only when the Public Swimming Pool is in compliance with the state's health regulations.
- Fecal Incident Response Recommendations for Pool and Spray Ground Staff
- Use of Our Swimming Facilities
- Vomit and Blood Contamination of Pools
State Regulations, Sanitary Code
- Aquatic Certifications for Bathing Facilities
- Level III Aquatic Supervisor Staff Certification Required for Instructional Activities
- Level III and IV Aquatic Supervision Staff Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certifications for Bathing Facilities
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification for NYS Children's Camps and Bathing Facilities
- Qualified Swimming Pool Water Treatment Operator Courses and Certifications
- DOH-2286 - Swimming Pool & Bathing Beach Safety Plan Checklist
- DOH-2434 - Swimming Pool Plan Review Check Sheet
For more information from the New York State Department of Health on Swimming Pools, click here.
For more information on Swimmer's Itch, click here.