County Services Available From Home

Due to public health concerns, County facilities have been closed to the public. Below are the closed departments and direction for contacting them. Additionally, we've included some frequently accessed County services and how you can access them from your home. If you have any questions about a specific service, please contact the appropriate department.

  •     Broome County Office Building
    •     Office for Aging
      •  Walk-ins will not be accepted during the closure. Those in need of assistance should call (607) 778-2411.
    • Clerk’s Office
      • Including DMVs
    • The Legislature Office
    • Office of Management and Budget/Treasury
      • Please mail in tax certificate requests with payment and self-addressed return envelope
      •  Please send tax payments by mail, receipts will be mailed back
      •  Any requests for certificates of residency should be mailed.
      • OMB’s mailing address is PO Box 1766, 60 Hawley Street, Binghamton, NY 13902
      • To determine the amount of delinquent taxes owed, call (607) 778-2161 or (607) 778- 2238. Receipts will be mailed.
      • For your current tax bill, contact Broome County Real Property Tax Services or look online at
    • Personnel
      • Civil Service exams postponed until further notice. Call (607) 778-2185.
    • Purchasing
      • Those in need of assistance should call (607) 778-2188 and leave a voice message.
      • Email requests should be sent to Purchasing@BroomeCounty.US.
      • Public bid openings will be videotaped and posted to Purchasing's website.
      • Bid respondents are to deliver RFB/RFP submittals to Broome County Security.
    • Real Property Tax Services
      • Residents who need to make tax payments should call the Real Property Tax Service in advance to determine the details of their payment. Payments should be mailed in. Payments that must be dropped off in person should be deposited in a drop-box located in the lobby of the County Office Building. Call (607) 778-2169 with questions.
    • Security
      • Call (607) 778-2107 if you need assistance.
    • Veterans Services
      • Not taking appointments at this time
      • If you need assistance call (607) 778-2147.
  • Broome County Dog Shelter
  • Broome County DPW Highway
  • Broome County Forum Theatre
  • Broome County Health Department
    • Tuberculosis Clinic and Cancer Services Program by appointment only.
    • Broome County Women, Infants and Childrens’ office will be providing services over the phone and participants will receive their benefits remotely.  Participants are urged to call the local WIC office at (607) 778-2881 with any questions/ concerns or to update their contact information.
    • Environmental Health Permits by mail and drop box at entrance.
  • Broome County Office for Aging Senior Centers
  • Broome County Office of Emergency Services
  • Broome County Public Library
  • Broome County Sheriff's Office
    • Effective 3/23/20, visitation to the Broome County Jail has been suspended until further notice. Attorneys needing to make contact with clients, please contact visitation for assistance.
    • The Pistol Permit office will be closing at end of day Monday 3/23/20 until further notice.
  • Career and Community Services Center of Broome County
  • En-Joie Golf Club
  • Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena
  • George R. Harvey Justice Building
    • If you have an appointment with the District Attorney’s office, call (607) 778-2423 for an update.
    • If you need assistance contact your probation officer with questions, or call (607) 778-2121.
    • Message from the Public Defender’s Office: Defendants are advised to contact the office by phone to schedule an intake interview at (607) 778-2403.
  • Willow Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
    • Willow Point’s restrictions on visitation announced last week remain in effect.

The following departments remain open:

  • Board of Elections
    • Residents should call (607) 778-2172 before arriving.
  • Broome County Landfill
    • Due to COVID-19 precautions the household hazardous waste and electronics recycling drop-off days will be temporarily suspended until further notice in order to protect the health and safety of our staff and residents.  Please do not throw these materials into the garbage. Hold onto them safely for now and we will send out notification when this program is able to resume.
  • Broome County Parks
  • Broome County Transit
  • Greater Binghamton Airport
    • Flights will continue as scheduled.
  • The Department of Social Services
    • As of Monday, March 23, 2020, all consumer appointments at Broome County DSS for non-emergency purposes are suspended.  We will continue providing assistance in our offices to those with emergency needs such as homelessness, eviction, and disconnected utilities. We are encouraging the public to submit applications for services electronically (when available) or by mail.  There is also a drop box that consumers can use to deliver documents.

How can I pay my taxes?

All Real Property taxpayers are requested to mail in their tax payments prior to March 31, 2020 to BC Director of OMB at PO Box 2087 Binghamton, NY 13902 (include a copy of your tax bill). You can also look up your tax information and pay online at

Broome County Taxpayers currently in Installment Agreements are requested to mail payments before the end of each month to: BC Director of OMB, PO Box 2087, Binghamton, NY 13902 (include your control/agreement number on your check).

How do I submit a response to a public bid or RFQ?

All open bids can be reviewed and responded to through BidNet.

How can I register to vote or apply for an absentee ballot?

Voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications are available at the Broome County Board of Elections website.

How can I access senior center services?

As of March 17, all senior centers are closed. For hot meals, you may pick-up meals from the senior centers. Please call 607-778-2411 to reserve a meal. For other services, please call United Way at 211.

How can I submit a FOIL request?

You may still submit FOIL requests online here.

How can I apply for a job?

Broome County jobs may be viewed here. Applications can be completed and mailed or emailed to the specified department.

How can I apply for social services?

A variety of services can be access through They include the following:

  • Apply for SNAP
  • Apply for HEAP
  • Check to see if they are eligible for Temporary Assistance, Medicaid or tax credits
  • There is an application for Child Support Services that can be completed and mailed in or brought to the office.
  • You can create an account to:
  • Change Pin
  • Check your transaction history or get account balances
  • Report your EBT card lost or stolen
  • Recertify your SNAP or HEAP case
  • Report changes or view case details.
  • Continue to complete a SNAP or HEAP Application and track its progress as well as submit verification and documentation

You can also be directed to the Social Security Administration website to complete and online application

There is a form section where you are able to download forms for Recertification form for Public Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid and SNAP, and Medicaid and Public Assistance

You can also report fraud directly from the website.

How can I renew my license?

At this time, many DMV offices around the state are closed to the public or only servicing in-county residents. The Broome County DMV offices are closed. A selection of DMV transactions can be processed online at the New York State DMV website.

How can I access the County Clerk's records services?

Online searching can still be done through our records website. This includes a variety of civil actions, business records, and land records. Civil actions can still be e-filed through the NYSCEF e-filing system. Deeds, mortgages, maps and other items can be e-recorded using one of 4 approved e-recording platforms: CSC, ePartners Network, Indecomm, and Simplifile.