The easy access of the launching area to a 1,200 acre reservoir has made Dorchester the small boat haven of Broome County. Rental boats are available. Boating, plus the many other outstanding facilities of this beautiful waterside park, truly offer something for the entire family. Dorchester is the site of the Almost-Annual Crappie Derby ice fishing contest, and the Annual Broome County Parks Triathlon.
For more information, call 607.692.4612.
- Open and shaded grounds
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Three Picnic shelters-100 person capacity, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays and $30.00 on weekdays.
- Two-mile paved walking/biking path
- Volleyball nets
- Youth Group Camping Area for organized youth groups
- Find us on facebook
- 1,200 acre reservoir
- New York State boat launch
- Parking for 70 cars and trailers
- Motors with 25 hp or less permitted (max 10 mph)
- Rental boats are available from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. (Hours may vary)
Deposit (rental fee taken out of deposit)
|Sr. Citizen (age 62+)/Veteran Rowboat/Canoe*||$5.00||$3.00||$10.00|
*Senior Citizen/Veteran Rates apply Mon-Friday, excluding holidays. Veteran must present the Broome County Veteran ID card at to receive discount. More information may be found here.
- White sand beach; open 11:00am - 7:30pm, Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day (hours may vary)
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas
- Fish for pike, bass and panfish
- Fish from shore, inlet, or rental boats
- Ice fishing permitted, pending safe ice conditions.
Youth Group Camping
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (e.g. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is permitted.
- To secure a permit, or request additional information, call 607.778.2193. Please call for a permit at least one week prior to the date requested
Dorchester Park Brochure (pdf, 335KB)
Directions to Dorchester Park