The easy access of the launching area to a 1,200 acre reservoir has made Dorchester the small boat haven of Broome County. Rental boats are available. Boating plus the many other outstanding facilities of this beautiful waterside park truly offer something for the entire family. Dorchester is the site of the almost-annual Crappie Derby ice fishing contest, Lakefest and various collegiate and high school rowing contests.
For more information, call 607.692.4612.
- Open and shaded grounds
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Three Picnic shelters-100 person capacity, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $80.00 on weekends/holidays and $25.00 on weekdays.
- 1,200 acre reservoir
- New York State boat launch
- Parking for 70 cars and trailers
- Motors with 25 hp or less permitted (max 10 mph)
|Boat||Deposit||Per Hour||Per Day|
|Canoes / Rowboats||$10.00||$5.00||$20.00|
|Paddleboats / Kayaks||$10.00||$8.00||N/A|
|*Senior Citizen Rowboats||$5.00||$3.00||$10.00|
*Senior Citizen rates apply Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) for those 62 years old and older.
- White sand beach
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas
- Fish for pike, bass and panfish
- Fish from shore, inlet, or rental boats
- Ice fishing allowed
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (i.e. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is permitted.
- Groups may secure a permit by calling 607.778.2193 at least one week prior to the date requested.
- Please call the main office to request additional information on group camping.
Dorchester Park Brochure (pdf, 335KB)
Broome County Parks Triathlon
Registration Form (2013) (pdf, 874KB)