Old Senior Center Page
Learn, Create, Share, Celebrate at Your Local Senior Centers! [ Printable Brochure (pdf, 179k) ]
Senior Centers provide endless opportunities for socialization, affordable delicious meals, wellness activities and exercise programs.
Did you know that nearly 4,500 of your neighbors and friends visited a Broome County Senior Center in 2010? In fact, nearly 90% of those people who came to one of the senior centers reported that they felt more connected to others than they would have otherwise.
Join us to share your talents and have some fun!
- College courses
- Art classes
- Dance classes
- Cards and games
- Parties and dances
- Wii play
- Computer classes
Access to Information About:
- Health insurance
- The mini-bus system
- Caregiver issues
- Other senior services and programs
Exercise and Wellness Programs: [Get Moving!]
- Mission Meltaway
- Use exercise equipment.
- Be part of a flexibility and strength training group.
- Take a Tai Chi or Yoga class.
- Participate in health screenings.
- Join a walking group.
- Class Schedule
Many senior centers offer special group trip packages for overnight and one-day excursions. Trips in the past have included Skaneateles, Atlantic City, and Washington, D.C. Call your local senior center for information about upcoming trips.
Centers welcome volunteers to help with a variety of programs and operations. Volunteers accomplish many things at senior centers including facilitating classes, planning special events, answering the telephone, or helping with the meal service. Share yourself and your talents at a senior center!
Dine With Us: [Enrich, Enjoy, Share]
- Enjoy an appetizing hot lunch, fresh salad/sandwich bar or a homemade breakfast for lunch.
- Reservations can be made easily by calling the center one day in advance. No reservations are necessary for the salad/sandwich bar, the breakfast for lunch program or other specialty bars.
- Get a break from cooking and the dishes, without the restaurant prices!
Caloric Information for Senior Center Lunch Items
Each link will take you to a printable pdf.
Your Senior Centers . . .
Loyal D. Greenman /Binghamton
North Shore Towers
Breakfast for Lunch: Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
* This program is sponsored by the U.S. Administration on Aging, New York State Office for Aging, and Broome County.
Make Contributions or Donations Online! * Yesteryears Adult Day Center Senior Center Meals General Office for Aging Contributions Transportation
Broome County Office for Aging now accepts online contributions and donations. These can be made with a major credit, debit, or prepaid debit card.
Contributions and donations can go towards:
Make Contributions or Donations Online!
* Yesteryears Adult Day Center
Senior Center Meals
General Office for Aging Contributions