Actions You Can Take Today to Reduce Waste
- Reduce Wasted Food
- Choose to Reuse or Refuse First
- Reuse that jar your marinara sauce came in or the squirt bottle your hair product was in for something else.
- Refuse items with excess plastic packaging and alternatively choose refillable or paper packaged options.
- Learn how to compost with an indoor or outdoor bin .
- Try growing your own food with a home garden or shop at your local farmers market.
- Donate unneeded items and shop secondhand whenever possible.
- Repair items by watching videos or asking for help to extend their useful life.
- Choose reusable items over disposable
- Recycle Right
Bottled Water → Reusable Water Bottle & Sink Water Filter
- Switching to a reusable water bottle and adding a filter to your kitchen sink can provide you and your family with clean tasting, cold, water on demand.
Grocery & Produce Bags → Reusable Tote-Bags & Mesh Produce Bags
- Switch to reusable bags and leave them in your car to eliminate the need for paper bags or plastic produce bags
Bottled Shampoo & Conditioner → Shampoo & Conditioner Bars
- Making the change to bar soaps, shampoos, and conditioners eliminates the use of plastic packaging
Laundry Detergent & Cleaning Products → Make Your Own Cleaning Products in Reusable Bottles or Choose a Refillable Option
- Making your own cleaning products saves money and eliminates the need for unnecessary plastic packaging
Zip-Top Sandwich Bags → Reusable Food-Storage Bags
- These can be found at most grocery or big-box stores and are a great choice for freeze excess foods or produce.
Make-Up Remover Wipes → Washable Microfiber Cloth
- You can now find specially made microfiber clothes for removing makeup at many major retailers or microfiber cleaning clothes work just as well