For Parents

The Family Violence Prevention Council recognizes that parenting can be a challenging job. Whether your child is young or a teen there are new challenges to parenting at every phase and sometimes parents need a place to turn. The following is a quick list of resources in Broome County that you as a parent or caregiver to a child can access.

Resources for Families:

Here are three numbers that parents or caregivers can call if they are feeling in a crisis:all calls to the following numbers are confidential and are available 24-hours:

  • Crime Victims Assistance Center, Crisis-Line: 607.722.4256 or text: 725-8196
  • RISE. Crisis-line: 607.754.4340 (domestic violence services - Broome County)
  • CPEP/Crisis Center, 762-2302 or (1.800.451.0560)

Other supports are listed below.  If you do not find what you are looking for you may call the

  • "First Call for Help"  - Broome or Tioga Counties  211 or 1-800-901-2180  or
  •  NYS Parent Helpline   1.800.244.5373    (9:00am to 10:00pm)       

Community Supports

  • Family, Neighbors and Friends
  • Church/Faith Community
  • School personnel- guidance counselor or social worker, etc.
  • Family physician or pediatrician

Parent Support

  • Family Resource Centers of Broome County:  
  •           Binghamton, 607.771.6334
              Endicott, 607.760-5755
  • New Pathways for Fathers Program, Family Enrichment Network 723-8313 Ext. 838
  • Binghamton PACT, 607.762.8197
  • Lourdes PACT, 607.584.4550
  • Community Connection Center -Endicott,  607.757-2637
  • Healthy Families Broome, 607.778.2861
  • Catholic Charities - 584-7800
  • Kinship Care Program, Family Enrichment Network 607.723.8313 ext, 831

Parenting Classes

  • Catholic Social Services, 607.729.9166
  • Families First/Broome County DSS, 607.778.3080
  • Gateway/Catholic Charities, 607.584.7800

Anger Management (for Parents)

  • Families First/Broome County DSS, 607.778.3080


  • Broome County Department of Social Services - Family Services Intake, 607.778.2635
  • Child Care Resource and Referral - Family Enrichment Network     723-8313 ext: 872
  • PINS Diversion Intake (Person In Need of Supervision) 778-2745
  • Parent's Guide "What Do I Do Now?"

If anyone suspects a child is being abused or neglected, they should call:
24 hr. Hotline: New York State Child Abuse & Maltreatment Reporting Center: 1.800.342.3720
If a child or children are in immediate danger, call your local police or 911.