These examples and rules also apply to the recycling drop off at the Broome County Landfill.
- Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, manila folders, envelopes, brown paper bags
- White, colored notebook and fax paper
- Soft and hardcover books
- Wrapping paper (non-metallic)
No Metallic paper, receipts, tissues, napkins, paper towels, paper cups, paper plates or paper egg cartons.
- All Cardboard Boxes
- Pizza boxes (not too greasy or with food on them)
- Corrugated boxes (wavy middle layer)
- Single-layer cardboard (cereal boxes)
No wax-covered cardboard (can scrape off wax with your fingernail), mold-covered or food contaminated material.
- Milk and juice cartons
- Clear, brown and green (jars and bottles only)
No window-pane glass, mirrors, ceramics, plates, cups or light bulbs.
- Food and beverage containers (no food or liquid left in the container)
- Detergent, Shampoo containers, etc.
- Landscape plant trays & flowerpots (no soil)
- Microwave trays
- Small plastic totes
- Small plastic wastebaskets
- Plastic reusable bottles
- Plastic reusable food storage containers (no food or liquid left in the container)
*Plastic bags and plastic film can be recycled through bag recycling programs at store locations.
- Tin and steel food and beverage cans (no food or liquid left in the container)
- Aluminum pans, cans and clean foil
- Metal pots, pans and bowls
No utensils, hangers, wire, cords or scrap metal.