- Beware of “contractors” who knock on your door.
- When using a card to make a purchase, keep in mind that credit cards are better than debit cards. Credit cards have fraud protections while debit cards carry the risk of your bank account being accessed if you’re scammed.
- If you’re not sure if a request for personal information is valid, discuss the situation with someone you trust.
- No legitimate business or agency requires payment through the purchase of gift cards.
- Be careful when signing up for any “free trial” offers!
- If you aren’t sure a caller is who they claim to be, hang up and call the person/agency/business back at their main phone number.
Learn more by reading the monthly “Scam of the Month” in
the Senior News or call the Office for Aging at 778-2411.