Greenwood is the County's first and most diverse park. The well-maintained campground offers the entire family a quality camping experience. The lake's spring-fed waters provide refreshing swimming areas at the white sand beach, as well as great opportunities for anglers of all ages, from shore or from a rental boat. Relax in the shade or bask in the sun in the extensive picnic areas, or enjoy the peaceful beauty of the park's nature trail system. In winter, this year-round park offers ice-fishing, and miles of groomed cross-country ski trails and equipment rentals. Organized youth groups may secure a permit to use the Youth Group Camping Area, located on the northwest side of the lake.
Find us on facebook!
- Open and shaded grounds
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Four picnic shelters, each 100 person capacity, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays and $30.00 on weekdays.
- Sand volleyball
- Food concession
- 6.5 mile nature trail system; participant in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program
- Youth Group Camp Area for organized youth groups; call 607.778.2193 for information or a permit. Please secure a permit at least one week in advance.
Detailed campground information may be found here: Greenwood Park Campground Brochure
To make a reservation or for answers to questions about camping at Greenwood Park, call the Broome County Department of Parks, Recreation and Youth Services at 607.778.2193. A $5.00 reservation fee applies. Reservations are accepted beginning on the first business day in March.
- 50 sites-standard or electric; reservations accepted
- Tables, fire pits and firewood
- Water taps centrally-located
- Children's play structure
- Modern restrooms
- Hot water showers
- Dumping station(for use by those camping at Greenwood Park only)
- Overnight Security coverage during camping season
- Walk, bike, or drive to beach, boat rentals, or fishing
- Camp store (firewood, ice, snacks, cold drinks, and camping essentials)
- Easy access to nature trails
- Cash or check only, payable upon arrival.
- Walk-ins (without a reservation) accepted as space allows.
Camping fees/additional information
- Non-electric $20.00/night
- Electric $25.00/night. (Electric available upon request)
- Open mid-May (weekends only); open daily Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day. Open weekends after Labor Day, through Columbus Day.
- Seasonal Rate (Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend) with Electric $1,900 (Limited to 5 sites/season)
- Reservation Fee $5.00
Payment by cash or check only, payable upon arrival. No refunds.
- Campers must occupy the site immediately
- Check Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Visitors Must Vacate Campground by: 11:00 p.m.
Swimming - Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day
- White sand beach; open 11:00am-7:30pm (hours may vary)
- Swimmers' and Non-swimmers' Sections
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas with showers and restrooms
Rental boats are available from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day (hours may vary). Privately owned boats are not permitted at Greenwood Park, but may be launched at nearby Dorchester Park, or at Grippen Park.
|Boat||Deposit||Per Hour||Per Day|
|*Senior Citizen/Veteran Rowboats/Canoes||$5.00||$3.00||$10.00|
*Senior Citizen (62 years+)/Veteran rates apply Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Veterans must present the Broome County Veteran ID card to receive discount. More information can be found here.
- Trout, bass and panfish
- Fish from shore or rental boat.
- Ice fishing
Self-Guided Nature Trail
Self-Guided Nature Walk Information Page (pdf, 167KB)
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (i.e. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is permitted.
- Groups must secure a permit at least one week prior to the date requested.
- Please call 607.778.2193 for a permit, or additional information on group camping.
Cross-Country Skiing (OPEN as of 2/13/17*)
*Availability of skiing is dependent upon snow and trail conditions. Check for announcements on facebook, or call ahead: 607.862.9933 or 607.778.2193.
Almost 6 miles of groomed trails provide opportunities for beginners through expert skiers. Snowshoes or skis are required on the trails (no hiking). Bring your own equipment and pay only a $5.00 trail use fee for the day, or rent equipment at the park (no trail use fee for renters.) Season passes are available at the park.
Hours of operation:
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekdays
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekends
Equipment rental rates:
- Cross-Country Skis or Snowshoes - $5.00 per hour
- No additional Trail Use Fee if renting equipment.
Trail use fee (Non-Renters):
- $5.00 per day
- Season Pass - $35.00
All trails begin at the ski concession stand and rental operation. Please, no dogs or other pets on the ski trails at any time.
Cross-Country Skiing Trail Guide (pdf, 394KB)
For ski conditions and other questions, call 607.862.9933
Directions to Greenwood Park