PLEASE NOTE: Greenwood Park Beach and Boat Rental will reopen Memorial Day weekend- Labor Day. The Park remains open, year-round.
Greenwood is the County's first and most diverse park. The well-maintained campground offers the entire family a quality camping experience. The lake's spring-fed waters provide refreshing swimming areas at the white sand beach, as well as great opportunities for anglers of all ages, from shore or from a rental boat. Relax in the shade or bask in the sun in the extensive picnic areas, or enjoy the peaceful beauty of the park's nature trail system. In winter, this year-round park offers ice-fishing, and miles of groomed cross-country ski trails and equipment rentals. Organized youth groups may secure a permit to use the Youth Group Camping Area, located on the northwest side of the lake.
Online reservations for picnic shelters: reserveamerica.com
- Open and shaded grounds
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Four picnic shelters, each 100 person capacity, available by reservation online - for more information, call 607.778.2193. Rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays, with a reduced rate of $30.00 on non-holiday weekdays. A $5 transaction fee is applied to all reservations.
- Sand volleyball
- Campground and Camp Store
- Food concession
- 6.5 mile nature trail system; participant in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program
- Youth Group Camp Area for organized youth groups; call 607.778.2193 for information or a permit. Please secure a permit at least one week in advance.
For answers to questions about camping at Greenwood Park, call the Broome County Department of Parks, Recreation and Youth Services at 607.778.2193.
Reservations must be made online (reserveamerica.com). Those arriving without a reservation will need to access www.reserveamerica.com to make a reservation. A $5 transaction fee is applied to each stay (not a per night fee.)
- 50 sites- with electric
- Picnic table and fire pit at each site.
- Children's play structure
- Modern restrooms
- Hot water showers
- Dumping station (for use by those camping at Greenwood Park only)
- Overnight Security coverage during camping season
- Walk, bike, or drive to beach, boat rentals, or fishing
- Camp store (firewood*, ice, snacks, cold drinks, & camping essentials)
- *Those bringing in their own firewood must be aware of and comply with NYS firewood transportation regulations.
- Easy access to nature trails
- Reservations are required.
- Water taps centrally-located within each camping loop.(Click here for map of Campground Layout)
- Open beginning mid-May (weekends only; "non-peak season"). Open daily Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day ("peak season"). Open weekends after Labor Day, through Columbus Day ("non-peak season")
- Seasonal Rate (Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend) with electric is available. Call 607-778-2193.
Reservation Fee $5.00.
Choose your site number when making a reservation.
Campers must occupy the site immediately
- Check-in time is 12:00 noon. Check Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Visitors Must Vacate Campground by: 11:00 p.m.
Swimming - Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day
- White sand beach; open 11:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m. (hours may vary)
- Swimmers' and Non-swimmers' Sections
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas with showers and restrooms
Rental boats are available from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day (hours may vary). Privately owned boats are not permitted at Greenwood Park, but may be launched at nearby Dorchester Park, or at Grippen Park.
|Boat||Deposit||Per Hour||Per Day|
|*Senior Citizen(age 60+) /Veteran Rowboats/Canoes||$10.00||$3.00||$10.00|
* Veterans must present the Broome County Veteran ID card to receive discount.
*Identification is required for all boat rentals
*Boat rentals are cash only
- Trout, bass and panfish
- Fish from shore or rental boat.
- Ice fishing
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (i.e. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is available, by permit only.
- Groups must secure a permit at least one week prior to the date requested.
- Please call 607.778.2193 for a permit, or additional information on group camping.
*Availability of skiing is dependent upon snow and trail conditions. Check for announcements on Facebook, or call ahead: 607.862.9933 or 607.778.2193.
Almost 6 miles of groomed trails provide opportunities for beginners through expert skiers. Snowshoes or skis are required on the trails (no hiking). Bring your own equipment and pay only a $5.00 trail use fee for the day, or rent equipment at the park (no trail use fee for renters.) Season passes are available at the park. Children's sizes are available, beginning with approximately age 4.
Hours of equipment rental operation:
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekdays
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekends
Equipment rental rates:
- Cross-Country Skis or Snowshoes - $5.00 per hour
- No additional Trail Use Fee if renting equipment.
Trail use fee (Non-Renters):
- $5.00 per day, or Season Pass for $35.00
All trails begin at the ski concession stand and rental operation. Please, no dogs or other pets on the ski trails at any time.
For ski conditions and other questions, call 607.862.9933, or check Facebook.