Greenwood is the county's first and most complete park. The campground is well maintained and offers a wide range of facilities and opportunities that help give the entire family a quality camping experience. The lake is stocked with trout and its spring fed waters maintain refreshing water all summer long. Fully equipped beach and picnic areas are contrasted with self-guiding trails. A special campground for organized youth groups is located on the northwest side of the lake. Groomed cross-country ski trails and equipment rentals complete this year-round park.
- Open and shaded grounds
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Four picnic shelters with 100 person capacity, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays and $30.00 on weekdays.
- Sand volleyball
- Food concession
Camping - Greenwood Park Campground Brochure (pdf, 231KB)
To reserve a site and to receive more detailed information about camping at Greenwood, call the Broome County Parks Department at 607.778.2193.
- 50 sites-standard or electric, reservations accepted
- Tables, fire pits and firewood
- Water taps and fountains
- Children's play structure
- Modern restrooms
- Hot water showers
- Dumping station
- 24-hour security coverage during camping season
- Organized activities
- Camp store
- Campers must occupy site immediately and remain overnight.
- Entrance gate to the Park is locked at dark and reopens at 8:00 a.m. To gain access, secure a key from camp attendant. There is a $10.00 refundable deposit for use of this key. Please close and lock gate behind you.
- Non-electric $20.00/night
- Electric $25.00/night, (Electric available upon request)
- Seasonal Rate (Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend) with Electric $1,900 (Limited to 5 sites/season)
- Reservation Fee $5.00
- Check Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Visitors Must Vacate Campground by: 11:00 p.m.
- White sand beach
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas with hot showers and restrooms
- Coin operated lockers
- No private boats are allowed on Greenwood Lake.
- Rental boats are available from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Memorial Day through Labor Day.
|Boat||Deposit||Per Hour||Per Day|
|*Senior Citizen/Veteran Rowboats||$5.00||$3.00||$10.00|
*Senior Citizen (62 years old and older)/Veteran rates apply Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Trout, bass and panfish
- Fish from shore or rental boat.
- Ice fishing
Self-Guided Nature Trail
Self-Guided Nature Walk Information Page (pdf, 167KB)
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (i.e. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is permitted.
- Groups may secure a permit by calling 607.778.2193 at least one week prior to the date requested.
- Please call the main office to request additional information on group camping.
- Cross-Country Skiiing
- Snow Shoes
- Warming room
The combined trail system is approximately 5.5 miles which includes groomed trails for beginners through the expert skier.
Hours of operation:
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekdays
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekends
Equipment rental rates:
- Cross-Country Skis - $5.00 per hour
- Snowshoes - $5.00 per hour
Trail use fee (Non-Renters):
- $5.00 per day
- Season Pass - $35.00
All trails begin at the ski concession stand and rental operation.
Cross-Country Skiing Trail Guide (pdf, 394KB)
For ski conditions and other questions, call 607.862.9933