The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, October 2nd. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Culvert work on Big Hollow Rd. North Rd., & Stateline Rd.
- Manhole work on Oquaga Lake Rd.
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on East Main Rd., Hyde St., North Rd., Old State Rd., & Stratmill Rd.
- Rebuilding & installing shoulders on Brooks Rd.
- Cutting trees along right of way on various County roads
- Painting & sign work on various County roads
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.