The Broome County Youth Bureau's mission is to work together to promote and encourage the development of a comprehensive system of services, supports and opportunities for children and youth through planning, funding, coordination, evaluation, and advocacy.
The Broome County Youth Bureau is pleased to announce the availability of New York State Office of Children and Family Services Youth Development Program (YDP) funds, Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) funds and Youth Sports and Education (YSEF) funds. The Broome County Youth Bureau is accepting Request for Proposals (RFP) from interested non-profit community-based organizations, cities, towns, and villages who wish to apply for 2023-2024 Youth Development Program (YDP), Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) and Youth Sports and Education (YSEF) funding through NYS Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS).
Programs that address specific areas of need identified by the Youth Bureau will be awarded additional points during the review process. These areas include school-based positive youth development, after school community-based positive youth development, mentoring, juvenile diversion, youth sports, and runaway and homeless youth programs. Municipalities should apply for one total funding request for ALL programming.
Funding available from:
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services Youth Development Program Grant (YDP)
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services Runaway and Homeless Shelter Part 2 (RHYA)
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services Youth Sports and Education Funding (YSEF)
TWO Hard Copies and ONE Electronic of the following documents are required to be considered for a Broome County Youth Bureau Grant Application:
- Executive Summary
- Program Budget Summary
- 2023-2024 Broome County Youth Bureau Grant Application Form (Over $5,000) OR EZ 5K Form Broome County Youth Bureau Grant Application (Under $5,000)
- OCFS- 5001
- OCFS- 5002
- OCFS- 5003
To be considered the above documents must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. July 31, 2023 to the Broome County Parks, Recreation and Youth Services Department located at:
60 Hawley Street P.O. Box 1766 Binghamton, NY 13902
Electronic copies can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions please contact the Broome County Youth Bureau at (607)778-3560 or email@example.com
The deadline for applications is July 31, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Youth Bureau RFP Guidelines (YDP & RHY funding)
Youth Bureau Youth Sports and Education Funding Guidelines (YSEF)
The Broome County Youth Bureau works with agencies who work with youth, by supporting local community-based organizations which provide a wide variety of services, supports and opportunities for youth throughout our community.
Our support consists of:
- funding and resources
- coordination and planning
- technical assistance and training
- research and evaluation resources
- advocacy at state and local levels
We strive to work together, as a community, to provide the best possible services, supports and opportunities to all Broome County youth. We believe in and advocate for the adoption of strong regulations and policies that will better serve our youth. We are actively involved in the promotion of positive health and development of all Broome County youth and the provision of safe and accessible services, supports and opportunities to youth and their families.
The Broome County Youth Bureau is a member of the Association of New York State Youth Bureaus.
PLANNING / COORDINATION
The Youth Bureau plays an important role in the community by encouraging and facilitating collaboration in assessing the needs of children and youth.
We do this by:
- Convening local community planning groups
- Identifying problems and developing coordinated strategies
- Promoting private and public partnerships in planning by bringing together towns, villages, cities, social agencies and private citizens
- Coordinating a comprehensive service system for Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY)
- Supporting a local diversion system for youth identified as Persons In Need of Supervision (PINS)
The Youth Bureau also provides technical assistance and training in Advancing Youth Development, Runaway & Homeless Youth Program Certification and Youth Program Quality Assessment program management and monitoring.
The Broome County Youth Bureau administers funding in the following categories:
- State Funding: New York State Office of Children and Family Services Youth Development Program (YDP)
- State Funding: New York State Office of Children and Family Services Runaway Homeless Youth Act (RHYA)
- State Funding: New York State Office of Children and Family Services Youth Sports and Education Funding (YSEF)
The Youth Bureau Advisory Board holds regular meetings, open to the public. Meetings are generally held quarterly, on the third Wednesday of the month, at 12:00 p.m., at the Broome County Health Department, Front St., Binghamton, NY. Meeting date/time/place is subject to change; anyone wishing to attend is advised to confirm the next scheduled meeting by calling 607.778.2193 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact the Youth Bureau at (607)778-2193 for complete list of funded programs!
Follow us and like us on Facebook @BROOMECOUNTYPARKS
Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) Forms
This section of the Youth Bureau website contains all the forms required from contracted agencies receiving funding from the Broome County Youth Bureau or applying for funding. You can also find these forms and many others by visiting: ocfs.ny.gov
- AC-1171 State Aid Voucher
- 3125-Program Expenditure Summary
- 3127-PER-Fringe Benefits
- 3128-PER-Contracted Services
- 3129-PER-M&O and Facility Repairs
- 5001-Agency Summary
- 5002-Agency Program Profile
- 5003-Individual Program Application
- 5003-Coding Document
- OCFS Non-Reimbursable Costs Chart
- 5007-Program Annual Report
- Site Visit Form
- Quarterly Report
Help with Forms