Members are appointed by their respective municipalities and serve as representatives of their communities. Adult members are appointed for three-year terms renewable as determined by the appointing municipality. All board members must be residents of Broome County.
The Youth Bureau Advisory Board holds regular quarterly meetings, as well as special meetings as deemed necessary. Regular meetings are open to the public. For information regarding upcoming meeting times/locations, call 607.778.2193 or email@example.com
Board Member Roles
Board members are responsible for:
- developing multi-year plans that include goals linked to community priorities based on locally identified youth needs, gaps in services, and opportunities for coordination.
- reviewing grant proposals that address the needs, goals, and priorities contained within the departmental comprehensive plan.
- supporting the work of the Youth Services Staff members as they gather, analyze and share data on youth needs; collaborate with others to develop a supportive service for youth; monitor funded programs; implement metrics to trace programmatic performance; coordinate a wide variety of public and private services for children, youth and families.
- serving as a liaison between the County Youth Services Board and their respective municipality, attending town and/or village board meetings as needed.
- advocating for youth from throughout Broome County
Youth Bureau Advisory Board Members
- Alicia Schrader
- Beth Roberts
- Brian Egan
- Chris Streno
- Christine Battisti
- Danielle Carr
- Derek Scott
- Heidi Mikeska
- James Brown
- Kimberly Schumacher
- Korin Kirk
- Kristin Beylo
- Maria Fabrizi
- Patrick McGinnis
- Rebecca Porter
- Shannon Matolka
- Tara Kenyon
- Tara Terry
- Brenda Gowe, Director of Parks, Recreation and Youth Services
- Amanda Florance, Parks, Recreation and Youth Services Coordinator & Runaway and Homeless Youth Coordinator