The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, July 17th. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Cross-the-road culvert replacement on North Sanford Rd. – road will be closed in the area of Box #120 from 7:00am on 7/17 until 3:00pm on 7/21; detours will be in place
- Milling & paving preparations of Chenango St. & Nowlan Rd.
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on Powderhouse Rd., Bevier St., Loughlin Rd., Sanitaria Springs Rd., Old State Rd.
- Blacktop patching on Owen Hill Rd.
- Curbing work on Kattelville Rd.
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
- Painting & sign repairs on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.