The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, August 14th. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Cross culvert installation on Hardie Rd. (road closed from 8/8 – 8/18; use detour)
- Milling on Maple St., Nanticoke Rd., & Twist Run Rd.
- Culvert replacements on Maple St., North Rd., Stateline Rd., & Stratmill Rd.,
- Surface treatment on Nanticoke Rd. (Ames Crossing to Cherry Valley Hill Rd.)
- Tree trimming on Powderhouse Rd.
- Blacktop repairs on Hooper Rd. & North Sanford Rd.
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on Bridge St., East Main Rd., Edson Rd., Knapp Hill Rd., Old Route 17, & Pierce Creek Rd.
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.