The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, August 21st. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Cross culvert installation on Hardie Rd. (road closed in area of Box #310)
- Culvert replacement on Pagebrook Rd. (road closed in area of Box #690)
- Milling on Nanticoke Rd. (from Rt. 26 to Ames Crossing)
- Pavement preparations on Twist Run Rd. & Maple St.
- Blacktop repairs on Cherry Valley Hill Rd., Dunham Hill Rd. & North Sanford Rd.
- Digging out bad spots on Hooper Rd. (from Country Club Rd. to Watson Blvd)
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on East Main Rd., Old Route 17, & Stateline Rd.
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.