The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, August 28th. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Culvert pipe replacement on Smith Hill Rd., Stateline Rd., Stratmill Rd., & Trim St.
- Culvert replacement continues on Pagebrook Rd. (road closed in area of Box #690)
- Paving on Maple St. & Twist Run Rd.
- Blacktop patching on Hardie Rd. & North Sanford Rd.
- Surface treatments on Brady Hill Rd., Edson Rd., Ouaquaga Rd., & Saddlemire Rd.
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on Ballyhack Rd., East Main Rd., Edson Rd., Loughlin Rd., Old Route 17, & Pierce Creek Rd.
- Sign repairs & painting on various County roads
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.