The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, August 7th. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Cross culvert installation on Hardie Rd. (road closed from 8/8 – 8/18; use detour)
- Paving on Bunn Hill Rd. (from Rt. 434 to second entrance of Binghamton University)
- Culvert repairs on Old Route 17 in the area of Deer Lake & North Rd.
- Surface treatment on Whitney Point/Lisle Rd., Hyde St., Farm to Market Rd., & Nowlan Rd.
- Guiderail & tree work on Powderhouse Rd.
- Blacktop repairs on Hooper Rd. (from Country Club Rd. to Watson Blvd.)
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on Hyde St., Stateline Rd., Old Route 17, Loughlin Rd., Pierce Creek Rd., & Ballyhack Rd.
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.