HELP IS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE SUFFERING FROM SUBSTANCE USE
DISORDER AND THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
BROOME OPIOID ABUSE COUNCIL (BOAC)
607.778.2812 Marissa Knapp - Opioid Overdose Prevention Coordinator
DRUG ABUSE CRISIS LINE (UHS/NEW HORIZONS) – 24 HOURS
- 10-42 Mitchell Ave., Binghamton, NY
ADDICTION CENTER OF BROOME COUNTY (ACBC)
- 607.723.7308 Ext. 0
- 30 West State St., Binghamton, NY 13901
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) – Vivitrol Program.
- NYS OASAS licensed private, nonprofit chemical dependency outpatient clinic and rehabilitation with integrated dual disorder treatment for women and men 18 and older.
- Groups: basic addiction education, outpatient rehabilitation, intensive outpatient, aftercare and relapse prevention. Specialized groups include co-dependency, anger management, trauma recovery empowerment for men and women, parenting, art therapy, and wellness self management.
- Psychiatric and individual therapy.
- Call 607.723.7308 Ext. 0 and request to speak to someone about a Narcan training or text ‘NARCAN” to the numbers listed below and a peer advocate will contact you to set up a training and provide Narcan.
Text “NARCAN” to any of the following numbers
Christopher Scott: 607-608-0315
Amanda Lewis: 607-644-2987
Timothy Decker: 607-238-6956
Denton Johnson: 607-752-5743
NEW YORK STATE OFFICE OF ALCOHOL SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES (OASAS)
- HOPEline – 1.877.846.7369 - 24 HOURS
- www.oasas.ny.gov/provider (effective 2/1/16, all NYS OASAS licensed providers are required to post available treatment beds)
BINGHAMTON ADULT TREATMENT COURT
- Binghamton City Court
- Provides nonviolent criminal offenders addicted to drugs with the opportunity to participate in substance abuse treatment under the supervision of the court.
BROOME COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH
- 36-42 Main St., Binghamton, NY 13905
CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY SERVICES UNIT (CDSU)
- 36-42 Main St., Binghamton, NY 13905
Through referral by the Department of Social Services CDSU provides assessments and case management for temporary assistance applicants who may be in need of chemical dependency services. Those individuals assessed as in need of chemical dependency treatment are referred to the appropriate level of care and their compliance to treatment is monitored by CDSU.
DUAL RECOVERY PROJECT
- Through the Addiction Center of Broome County (ACBC), coordinates, improves and enhances treatment for individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
RE-ENTRY ABLE PROGRAM
- Assists men and women in meeting the challenges they face when returning to our community, from a New York State correctional facility, with the ultimate goal of reducing recidivism, rebuilding lives and communities, and enhancing public safety.
BROOME COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES (DSS)
- 607.778.8850 or 607.778.2500
- 36-42 Main St., Binghamton, NY 13905
- Medicaid Assistance – 607.778.2604
FAMILY & CHILDREN'S SOCIETY
Outpatient treatment center for chemical dependency and mental health: Counseling services, drug testing , home healthcare navigators. Medically assisted treatment will be available soon.
- 257 Main Street Binghamton, NY 13905
- Monday - Friday 9am-3:30pm
- Currently no waiting list
FAIRVIEW RECOVERY SERVICES (FRS)
- NYS OASAS licensed COMMUNITY RESIDENCE (HALFWAY HOUSE) 5 Merrick St., Binghamton, NY 13904
ADDICTION CRISIS CENTER (ACC)
- 607.722.4080 - 24 HOURS
- Twenty short-term medically monitored withdrawal beds assisting individuals with referrals to the appropriate level of care
- Fairview and Merrick Community Residences serving Men (24) and Women (12)
- Transitional Supportive Living Programs (up to two years) to include Mannion House and apartments for men and women and children.
- Permanent Supportive Housing to include Shelter Plus Care and Housing Plus Care
FIRST CALL FOR HELP/UNITED WAY
- If calling from a 607 area code, dial 211.
- If calling from any other area code, dial 1.800.901.2180.
- NYS OASAS certified 50 bed facility open 24/7 that offers inpatient withdrawal and stabilization (detox) and inpatient rehabilitation services for alcohol and other substances
- Detox program provides management of mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms within a medically supervised setting
- Inpatient rehabilitation program is a short-term intensive, highly structured, supportive environment for patients with alcohol or substance use disorders
- 249 Glenwood Rd. BLD 1 Binghamton, NY 13905 (follow Helio Health signs to Intake)
- Medically Supervised Withdrawl and Stabilization Services
NEW HORIZONS/UNITED HEALTH SERVICES
- 40 Mitchell Ave., Binghamton, NY
- Crisis Line 607.762.2257
- To schedule an evaluation 607.762.3232
- NYS OASAS licensed chemical dependency program - Services include: assessments, referrals, inpatient and outpatient. Outpatient groups include intensive outpatient, stepdown, aftercare, recovery management, recovery life skills, criminal justice, DWI, and early intervention group.
- Weekly community educational program offered at no charge to family and friends of persons suffering from substance abuse disorder.
Medication assisted treatment services offered at UHS:
- Methadone Clinic (Southern Tier Drug Abuse Treatment Center) Operated by UHS
- 10 Mitchell Ave., Binghamton, NY
- Suboxone (Buprenorphine) at New Horizons
- 40 Mitchell Ave Binghamton, NY
OPERATION S.A.F.E. (Save Addicts from Epidemic)
- The Broome County District Attorney's Office has launched Operation S.A.F.E. (Save Addicts from Epidemic). Addicts or their family members are encouraged to call Broome County’s S.A.F.E. Line at 607.778.6119. A volunteer will then take their information and immediately begin searching the network of quality treatment facilities accepting new patients.
OPIOID PRESCRIPTION REDUCTION BY ACADEMIC DETAILING (OPRAD)
- Academic detailing visits to medical professionals providing verbal and written information about safe and effective opioid prescribing.
OUR LADY OF LOURDES HOSPITAL, SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION
- Youth Services 607.584.4500
- Provides alcohol, tobacco, heroin and opioid education to the community & schools.
- Death After Overdose Recovery and Support (DORS) Group – 607.584.9160
- Provides prevention counseling in four school districts.
- 55-58 Whitney Ave., Binghamton, NY 13901
- A safe and sober living environment for adult males, 32 beds (not a treatment facility).
SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
- 3-5 Griswold St., Binghamton, NY 13904
- Rehabilitation Program for adult males, 65 beds.
SAMSHSA- (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
Buprenorphine Practitioner Locator Link:
SHERIFF'S ASSISTED RECOVERY INITIATIVE
- 607.778.1911 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- 155 Lt. VanWinkle Drive, Binghamton, NY 13905
- Assists individuals suffering from substance use disorder who are voluntarily seeking treatment.
SOUTHERN TIER AIDS PROGRAM (STAP)
- 275-277 Main St., Johnson City, NY 13790
- Training on the use of Naloxone-Overdose Prevention Program - Call or text 607.227.8159 to speak with Jessica Irvine (Opioid Overdose Prevention Technician) to set up a Naloxone training virtually or via phone. Training takes 15-20 min and we have both nasal and intramuscular kits available.
Kits can be picked up at the Johnson City office (located at 277 Main St.) or delivered to an agreed upon location by a staff member. All pickups and deliveries are done without direct contact to maintain safety of staff and community members.
- Syringe exchange program.
- Email: Truthpharm@gmail.com or Message Truth Pharm Facebook page. More information can be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TruthPharm/posts/2505004996428503
Interested community members will be asked some questions about the easiest way to do the training with them virtually and then we'll deliver them a kit with curbside drop off!
- 61 Susquehanna St., Binghamton, NY 13901
- Men’s supportive & transitional housing, 86 beds.
- Provides case management services (not a treatment facility).
- 607.772.0340 x223
- 80 Hawley St., Binghamton, NY 13901
- Supportive living and individual case management services for women and their families facing substance abuse problems.