Planning is currently working on updating the content of our website to better provide clear and accurate information for the community. Please bear with us as we are making these important updates in the coming months. If you are having trouble finding information feel free to contact us. Contact Info
- Broome County and Visit Binghamton are excited to highlight the historic, cultural and natural resources of the Susquehanna Heritage Area during the 2023 Spring Path Through History Weekend, with events at various locations being held June 17, 18 & 19. Check out event details here.
- Broome County Planning has released a public survey seeking input on residents' housing experiences, including the availability and affordability of housing, and potential barriers to securing appropriate housing to inform our County-wide Housing Needs Assessment. Go to our Housing page for a link to the survey and more details.
- We have updated our GIS Parcel Mapper with the latest NYS aerial photos. Click here to check them out!
- The Broome-Tioga Stormwater Coalition MS4 Annual Report Draft is open for public comment. Click here to learn more.
- iDistricts Murals and Mosaics Public Art Program Project Webpage
Open Request For Proposals/Qualifications
None at this time.
The Broome County Department of Planning and Economic Development serves to promote the sound and orderly economic and physical growth of Broome County and its constituent municipalities. It provides technical planning guidance and assistance to the County Executive and County Legislature and implements projects and programs designed to improve the economy, environment, and physical infrastructure of the county. The department extends professional services to local municipalities and other public and private entities in the areas of land use planning and zoning, grantsmanship, economic development, cartography, community assistance, research and infrastructure development.
The Department of Planning and Economic Development consists of the following divisions:
- Planning and Economic Development
- Geographic Information System/Mapping
- Environmental Management Council (EMC)
- Binghamton Metropolitan Transportation Study (BMTS)