9/17/20 - Governor Cuomo extended health insurance enrollment to December 31 for those with no coverage. Applications are through NY State of Health. If you have lost your health insurance through your employer, you can apply within 60 days of losing coverage through the marketplace. How to enroll:
Contact Navigators or the Marketplace:
- Mothers & Babies (607) 772-0517
- Southern Tier Independence Center (Broome County), contact Michelle O'Hare: (607)-644-4461
- Action for Older Persons (607)722-1251
- Offices are closed to the public, phone assistance is available
- They only have access to one call at a time. If you're having trouble getting through, please try again in 10-15 minutes.
- HIICAP (Medicare Counseling)
- AOP is assisting with Medicare enrollment and plan changes over the phone or by Zoom meeting
- Medicare Open Enrollment
- As of 9/21/20 Members of AOP can schedule a phone appt. for the Medicare Open Enrollment period of Oct.15-Dec.7.
- Non-members can begin calling next week, 9/28 to schedule appts.
- Information Seminars: AOP is holding seminars through Zoom meetings, space is limited so register by calling them.