You must be a Broome County resident to use the landfill. No out of county waste is accepted. Proof of residency is required. All loads must be covered as per New York State and local law. There will be an automatic $20 charge for all uncovered loads.
286 Knapp Rd
Binghamton, NY 13905
*Cash or check only*
Landfill will be closed in observance of the following holidays: Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day & New Year's Day.
Brochures & Documents
- Mercury In The Home Brochure
- Safe Disposal & Handling of Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
- Broome County Recycling Brochure
- Broome County Landfill User Guide
- Safe Disposal Of Home Medical Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Recycling
- Draft Solid Waste Management Plan
- Broome County Charter & Code (Page 425, Chapter 317 Solid Waste)
Broome County Virtual Landfill Tour
The Broome County Landfill is a state-of-the-art facility. Many residents have never visited the facility and often in error think of what years ago was a traditional dump. Join us on this virtual tour as we show the ongoing activities at the landfill as we work to operate a clean facility for our residents.