The Office for Aging is a central source for accurate, up-to-date information on programs, services and benefits for seniors and caregivers. Information is provided through our Information and Assistance Representatives. Language interpretation services are arranged upon request.
Information and Assistance staff is available to:
- Respond to questions regarding a wide variety of concerns
- Help identify needs and explore available options
- Make suggestions about appropriate services and make referrals to service providers in the community
What is available through the Information and Assistance Line?
- Information about many topics including, financial benefits, home care, transportation, caregiver issues, senior housing, and more.
- Links to local resources such as the Broome County Directory of Services, which is a comprehensive directory of programs and services available to older adults, individuals with disabilities, caregivers and their families. An online directory of services can also be accessed through NY Connects by clicking here.
- Links to resources outside of Broome County. The Eldercare Locator helps people locate aging services in communities throughout the U.S. The National Council on Aging Benefits Check Up offers free services that help older adults and their families identify state and federal assistance programs.
Call us for help! 607.778.2411
Information and Assistance Representatives
Information and Assistance Representatives are available to:
- Provide assistance with obtaining benefits
- Help fill out forms and applications
- Meet at community Senior Centers
- Make home visits to frail and homebound seniors when necessary