Recording Military Discharge Papers:
Honorably discharged veterans who reside in Broome County are entitled to record their original or certified DD-214 Discharge Certificates in the Broome County Clerk’s Office.
- There are no filing fees for this service and your DD-214 will be returned to you immediately.
- The document will be sealed from public view to protect your privacy.
- Once recorded in the County Clerk’s Office, veterans can request a Certified Copy of their DD-214 at any time free-of-charge.
- A Certified Copy is legally accepted as the original document.
Veterans Discount Photo ID Cards:
Broome County’s Veterans Discount Program is a public-private partnership honoring those who’ve served by providing honorably discharged veterans with discounts on goods and services at participating local businesses.
To qualify for the ID Card, veterans must bring an original or certified DD-214 form to the Broome County Clerk’s Office and fill out a brief application.
- Our office is located on the 3rd floor of the Broome County Office Building.
- 60 Hawley Street / Binghamton, NY 13901
- Please be sure to bring valid government-issued photo ID.
- Applicants for the Veterans Discount Program who previously filed a DD-214 with us just need to visit our office with valid photo ID to complete the application process.
- If you can’t locate your DD-214, please contact the Broome County Veterans Service Agency at (607) 778-2147 for assistance.
After the County Clerk's Offices verifies the applicant’s service and honorable discharge, the Broome County Security Department will take their picture and issue a Photo ID Card on the spot.
- There is no charge for a Veterans Photo ID Card.
WHICH LOCAL BUSINESSES OFFER DISCOUNTS?
WHAT ARE THE RULES & CONDITIONS?
- Veterans Photo ID Cards are issued to honorably discharged veterans free-of-charge by the Broome County Security Department once their military discharge paperwork (DD-214) is filed with or verified in the Broome County Clerk’s Office.
- Veterans must present their Broome County Veteran ID Card at participating business to receive the discount.
- Present your card at the beginning of the transaction.
- These cards are NOT transferrable. Discounts are only available to the Veteran cardholder.
- Discounts may exclude certain merchandise or services.
- See the list of participating businesses referenced above for conditions and limitations.
- Discounts are not to be combined with any other discounts, sales, or offers (unless approved by the business owner).
- Discounts may change or may be discontinued at any time at the participating business’s discretion.
For more information about the Veterans Discount Program, please visit www.gobroomecounty.com/veterans/veterans-information.