Everyone who is in a care-giving role with children needs many kinds of skills to take care of children. Children have unique personalities and a technique that works with one child may not have the same effectiveness on another.
The Family Violence Prevention Council recognizes that care-giving and parenting can be stressful at times. Caregivers can benefit from having various kinds of knowledge about children, how to talk to children and how to interact with children. We would like to assist you in your role as care-giver or parent by helping you to have a Tool Box full of ideas!
Please keep your Tool Box handy, like on top of your refrigerator so you can refer to information you have collected.
We would like to remind you the Family Resource Center in Broome County are a great resource for families. It is a place where parents and children can go to learn, play and seek support form other parents.
Family Resource Center
457 State Street
Binghamton, NY 13901
Mon, Wed, Fri.: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tues. 11:00am-4:00 pm
- Community Resources 2017
- Tip #1 Child Care
- Tip #2 Parenting Tips for Fathers
- Tip #3 Positive Ways to See Children
- Tip #4 Coping with Temper Tantrums & Crying Baby
- Tip #5 Words Your Child Needs to Hear
- Tip #6 Rules for Safety
- Tip #7 Strengthening Family Bonds
- Tip #8 Eating Out and Shopping with Your Children
- Tip #9 Advice to Parents from Preschoolers
- Tip #10 Ways to Say I Love You
- Tip #11 Safe Sleep Environment for Babies
- Tip #12 Healthy & Happy Holiday Season