Everyone who is in a care-giving role with children needs many kinds of skills to take care of children. Children have unique personalities and a technique that works with one child may not have the same effectiveness on another.
The Family Violence Prevention Council recognizes that care-giving and parenting can be stressful at times. Caregivers can benefit from having various kinds of knowledge about children, how to talk to children and how to interact with children.
We've recently added some specific items for parents during this difficult time:
- Tip #1 Child Care
- Tip #2 Parenting Tips for Fathers
- Tip #3 Positive Ways to See Children
- Tip #4 Coping with Temper Tantrums & Crying Baby
- Tip #5 Words Your Child Needs to Hear
- Tip #6 Rules for Safety
- Tip #7 Strengthening Family Bonds
- Tip #8 Eating Out and Shopping with Your Children
- Tip #9 Advice to Parents from Preschoolers
- Tip #10 Ways to Say I Love You
- Tip #11 Safe Sleep Environment for Babies
- Tip #12 Healthy & Happy Holiday Season