In New York State, Bathing Beaches must have a state, city, or county health department permit to operate legally and must operate in compliance with Subpart 6-2 (Bathing Beaches) of the State Sanitary Code requirements. A permit is issued only when the Bathing Beach is in compliance with the state's health regulations.
State Regulations, Sanitary Code
- Aquatic Certifications for Bathing Facilities
- Level III and IV Aquatic Supervision Staff Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certifications for Bathing Facilities
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification for NYS Children's Camps and Bathing Facilities
- DOH-2286 - Swimming Pool & Bathing Beach Safety Plan Checklist
- DOH-2287 - Daily Report on Beach Operation
More information from the New York State Department of Health on Bathing Beaches