Dorchester Boathouse will open for the 2022 season starting Saturday, May 14th & Sunday, May 15th. Boat rentals will be available from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Saturday and Sundays only until Memorial Day Weekend!
*The last rental is at 5:00 PM and boats must be returned by 6:00 PM.
Starting Memorial Day Weekend- Labor Day, boats can be rented seven days a week from 11:00 AM - 6:30 PM. The last rental, is at 6:30 PM and all boats must be returned by 7:30 PM.
Beach Area will open on Saturday, May 28th!
The Park Remains Open, Year-Round 8:00 a.m- Dusk.
The NYS DEC boat launch is available April- November.
The easy access of the launching area to a 1,200 acre reservoir has made Dorchester the small boat haven of Broome County. Rental boats are available, Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day, or bring your own. Boating, plus the many other outstanding facilities of this beautiful waterside park, truly offer something for the entire family. Dorchester is the site for many special events including the Almost-Annual Crappie Derby; ice fishing contest, and the Annual Broome County Parks Triathlon.
For more information regarding Crappie Derby, call 607.692.7525 or visit website Crappie Derby 2022
For more information, call 607.692.4612.
- Open and shaded grounds
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Three Picnic shelters-100 person capacity, available by reservation. Make online reservations at reserveamerica.com. - call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays, along with a reduced rate of $30.00 on non-holiday weekdays. A $5 transaction fee is applied to all reservations.
- Two-mile paved walking/biking path; participant in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program.
- Dorchester Park is a participant in the Broome County Hiking Challenge program.
- Volleyball nets
- Youth Group Camping Area for organized youth groups; call 607.778.2193 for information or a permit. Please call at least one week in advance of your planned arrival.
|Stand-Up Paddle boards||$20.00||$8.00||NA|
|Sr. Citizen(age 60+) /Veteran Rowboat/Canoe*||$20.00||$3.00||$10.00|
- 1,200 acre reservoir
- New York State boat launch
- Parking for 70 cars and trailers
- Motors with 25 hp or less permitted (max 10 mph)
- Boat Rentals are available from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. -Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. (Hours may vary)
- Note: Last rental is at 6:30 p.m.-Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
- Boat Rentals are Cash Only!
* Veterans must present the Broome County Veteran ID card at the park to receive discount.
Swimming: Memorial Day Weekend - Labor Day
- White sand beach; open 11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. (hours may vary)
- Swimmers' and non-swimmers' section
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas with showers and restrooms
- Fish for pike, bass and panfish
- Fish from shore, inlet, or rental boats
Youth Group Camping
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (e.g. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is permitted.
- To secure a permit, or request additional information, call 607.778.2193. Please call for a permit at least one week prior to the date requested
Click below for more about Dorchester Park and what it has to offer. View maps of the park layout and the lake area, with depths, fish species present, and more.