Built by the New York State Department of Transportation and leased, improved and maintained by Broome County Parks Department, Otsiningo provides a refreshing interlude close to the urban core. Named for one of the many 18th century Native American words for the lower Chenango River Valley, Otsiningo Park land was once inhabited by peoples of several Indian nations. With its easily-reached centralized location, easy-to-walk paved trails, and a specially-designed ADA-compliant playground, Otsiningo Park offers opportunities for all to enjoy a day at the park.
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Paved walking path
- Open Play Field
- Softball field and 4 Soccer fields, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193 beginning in January for April-October of the current year. Rate is $15.00 per field per day. (NOTE: Soccer fields at Otsiningo North are reservable through the Town of Chenango.)
- Sand volleyball courts (4), available by reservation - call 607.778.2193 beginning in January for April-October of the current year. Rate is $10.00 per court per day
- Bocce court
- Children's play structures, including handicapped accessible features
- Community Gardens (contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 607.323.3171)
- Two picnic shelters, 100 person capacity, available by reservation online (reserveamerica.com) Call 607.778.2193 for information. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays, and the reduced rate of $30.00 on non-holiday weekdays. $5.00 transaction fee applies.
- Annual Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally
- "Broome Bands Together" Free Summer Concert Series
- 2021 6th Annual Broome County Parks Scarecrow Contest and Display! Check back September 1st for details!
- Broome County Parks 3rd Annual Trunk or Treat
- Broome County Festival of Lights
Participant in the Wegman's "Hit the Trail Passport" program.
VINES is now overseeing the Otsiningo Community Gardeners' Association
The Otsiningo Community Garden is the oldest-running garden in our area. The garden was operated for 23 years by the Otsiningo Community Gardeners Association, but as of 2020 it is managed by VINES, Volunteers Improving Neighborhood Environments. There are approximately 100 garden plots here with a mix of in-ground, raised beds, and wheelchair accessible beds. You can apply for a garden bed by completing our online application, by visiting VINES' website or by calling 607-323-3171.
Otsiningo Park Farmers' Market (Now the Broome County Regional Farmers' Market)
The Otsiningo Park Farmers' Market has transitioned to the Broome County Regional Farmers' Market located in their new, year-round building at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County. Visit their website for more information.
Broome County Festival of Lights
The event is being presented by Delta Engineers, Architects & Surveyors and hosted by Spiedie Fest in collaboration with numerous other sponsors. From November 20th through January 10th cars will be able to make their way through Otsiningo Park to view several different light displays. The event will run from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and 5:00 p.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Admission is $15 per car. All veterans will receive free admission with proper identification. For more information visit BC Festival of Lights. For questions or more information about the BC Festival of Lights, please contact Dave Pessagno at (607) 761-2475
Annual Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally
A nationally-recognized 3-day event, this major summer attraction draws over 100,00 people to enjoy more than 40 hot-air balloons, a craft show, live music, fireworks, food vendors galore, and, of course, the spiedie cooking contest! Find out more at www.spiediefest.com
Broome Bands Together Summer Concert Series
Free summer concert series featuring a wide variety of musical genres suitable for the whole family! Bring a picnic dinner if you wish, and blanket or lawn chairs to these alcohol-free and smoke-free events. Click here for 2021 Broome Bands Together Schedule!
Scarecrow Contest & Display
The Annual Scarecrow Contest & Display takes place in the month of October. This fall event features fun scarecrow displays created by families, businesses, organizations and individuals. Votes submitted by park visitors determine the winner. Contest Entry is Free and Open to All! Design and create your own scarecrow and enter to win a prize. For more information please check back September 1st or call Broome County Parks, Recreation, & Youth Services at (607)778-2193.
Broome County Parks Trunk or Treat
This free family fun event takes place in late October at Otsiningo Park. Organizations, agencies, businesses, non-profits creatively decorate their trunks and greet trunk or treats with candy and treats. Check back for more information on the Broome County Parks 2021 Trunk or Treat!
The shared efforts of Broome County and the Town of Chenango transformed the former Riverfront Park into Otsiningo North. Paved trails provide access to and from Otsiningo Park, extending opportunities for bicyclists and walkers entering from either Bevier St. or Upper Front St.
Otsiningo North boasts an extensive soccer field complex. Reservations at Otsiningo North fields may be made at www.townofchenango.com or call 607.648.4809 ext. 9