Joseph A. Mihalko
Broome County Clerk's Office
Broome County Office Building
60 Hawley Street, 3rd Floor
PO Box 2062
Binghamton, NY 13902-2062
For Searching: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For Recording: Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
For Passport Applications: Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
No cash transactions prior to 9:00 a.m. or after 4:15 p.m.
2019 Holiday Schedule
The Office will be closed in recognition of the following holidays:
- Tuesday, January 1 -- New Year's Day
- Monday, February 18 -- Washington's Birthday / President's Day
- Monday, May 27 -- Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4 -- Independence Day
- Monday, September 2 -- Labor Day
- Monday, November 11 -- Veteran's Day
- Thursday, November 28 -- Thanksgiving (early close at 3 pm on Wed. Nov. 27)
- Friday, November 29 -- Day After Thanksgiving
- Wednesday, December 25 -- Christmas Day (early close at 3 pm on Tues. Dec. 24)
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020-- New Year's Day
2019 Floating Holidays
- Monday, January 21 -- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tuesday, February 12 -- Lincoln's Birthday
- Monday, October 14 -- Columbus Day
- Tuesday, November 5 -- Election Day
Please be advised that the Office will be open to the public for searching purposes only on the above “floating holidays.” We will not be accepting any documents for filing on these days as the Courts are closed or the floating holiday is mandated by union contract. However, we will receive documents over the counter to process on the next business day. On floating holidays we may not be staffed as we normally would on regular workdays and we ask for your patience and understanding should you visit the Clerk's Office.