BC Transit Is Hiring!
Please review our openings and find out if you qualify. Broome County Transit is an equal opportunity employer.
Working for Broome County Transit as a Senior Mechanic is an excellent career opportunity for those who have skills and experience to diagnose and repair diesel engines, hydraulics, transmissions and automotive electrical systems. Qualifications include:
- Must have abilities to diagnose and repair or rebuild diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, hydraulics, automotive electrical systems, air conditioning, brakes.
- Must have a working knowledge of NYSDOT requirements.
- Must have the ability to properly use tools and related repair equipment.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to work alone and with others.
- Applicant must demonstrate mechanical and shop safety aptitude, plus have a working knowledge of tools and terminology.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL B.
- F/T positions are Monday-Sunday, with at least two consecutive days off.
- Rate is $21.50/hour, then top rate of $29.00/hour after two years.
- Benefits including NYS retirement and health insurance.
- Mandatory pre-employment drug test.
- EEO/AA females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Apply at BC Transit 413 Old Mill Rd Vestal, NY
Senior Mechanic Forms