BC Transit is Looking for Coach Operators and Mechanic's Helpers
Coach Operator Job Duties:
As a BC Transit Coach Operator, you will be driving a public transportation vehicle, following an established route while picking up and bringing passengers where they need to go. If you have excellent people skills, a strong customer service orientation and enjoy driving this may be the right career opportunity for you.
BC Transit is now seeking to add Coach Operators with the right skill set:
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with diverse groups of people.
- Applicant must be a people oriented person, have strong customer service skills, demonstrating patience and an even temperament.
- CDL license with driving experience preferred, but BC Transit will train the right candidate.
- P/T positions are Monday-Sunday, with at least one day off.
- Paid comprehensive training with great wages and benefits. F/T employment may be obtained based on performance.
- Mandatory pre-employment NYSDMV 19A physical.
- Mandatory pre-employment drug test.
- EEO/AA females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Competitive wages and great benefits
Mechanic's Helper Job Duties:
As a Mechanic’s Helper, you will be responsible for assisting in the repair and maintenance of buses and related equipment. This includes but is not limited to:
• Replacing or assisting in replacement of worn or faulty parts, including head lamps, windshield wipers, tires, and other minor maintenance type repairs and general upkeep.
• Fuels buses and related equipment.
• Performs maintenance on buildings and grounds.
• Applicant must demonstrate ability to work alone and with others.
• Applicant must demonstrate mechanical and shop safety aptitude, plus have a working knowledge of tools and terminology.
• Must be able to obtain a CDL.
• F/T positions are Monday-Sunday, with at least two consecutive days off.
• Mandatory pre-employment drug test.
• EEO/AA females and minorities are encouraged to apply.