Lost and Found Information

Did you forget something?

Did you forgot something as you came off the bus? Please call our administration office at 607.763.4464 or the B.C. Junction office at 607.778.1692 as soon as possible.  Try to recall as much information as possible, such as routes you were riding, times, and a description of the items you lost. The sooner you call us, the quicker we can respond and possibly return the item(s) to you.

BC Transit is not responsible for lost items.

What should I do?

If you are concerned about identity theft from a lost your wallet, purse or other personal information, the Federal Trade Commission has this advice:

  • File a report with the police immediately and keep a copy. This will show credit companies proof that you made a diligent effort to protect yourself, and is an important first step in an investigation. 
  • Contact the local Police Department in Broome County.
  • Contact your bank and cancel any bank cards (debit and/or ATM) cards immediately.
  • Contact the credit card companies. You can find most major credit card contact information on the web. Cancel any retail store credit cards.
  • Place a fraud alert on your name and social security number. Call the three national credit-reporting organizations and the Social Security Administration immediately. The numbers are:
    Equifax: 1.800.525.6285
    Experian: 1.888.397.3742
    Trans Union: 1.800.680.7289
    Social Security Administration (fraud line): 1.800.269.0271
  • Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles if you have a driver's license or a non-driver photo I.D. You may need to appear in person at the local DMV.
  • If you lost you keys, contact your landlord and/or change the locks to your home.
  • For additional tips you visit the Federal Trade Commission website

What happens if I lose my student identification card?

Any current student identification card(s) found on any BC Transit vehicle or property is held for two (2) business days either at the BC Junction office or at the BC Transit Administration building. All found cards are recorded in the agency's lost and found log. Any cards not claimed in two (2) business days are returned to the organization that issued the card.

Any expired student identification card(s) which also can be used as BC Transit fare media are recorded in the agency's lost and found log and is immediately returned to the institution that issued the card.

How can I contact you?

To make general comments and suggestions to improve B.C. Transit, please complete our online Customer Service Form, or call us at 607.763.4464. Comment forms are also available on the bus and at all B.C. Transit Office Locations.