When does the bus come?

You can track our regular routed buses on the Double Map app. You may also wish to call our information line, at 607.778.1692.  We ask that you provide us with your location and the direction you want to go. For example, I am standing at intersection of Jarvis St and Main St in Binghamton and I want to go to the Oakdale Mall, what time does the bus come?

I have complaint about one of your drivers what do I do?

We have an online customer survey form. You may also put all you observations in writing and send it to a Transit Supervisor at 413 Old Mill Rd, Vestal NY 13850. If others witnessed your observations regarding our service, please send their comments too.

Do you have a list of all your rules and policies?

Yes, please review our Policy and Procedure Manual.

I lost something on the bus, what do I do?

Call us 607.763.4464 opt 3 and speak with a Transit Supervisor.   The sooner you call, the more likely we can find that which is lost.  We also have a lost and found guide to help you.


Why do I have to fold up my stroller?

This is for the safety of your child, as well as to save space on the bus for other passengers.

I just left the store and have a lot of bags, the driver said I can't ride, how come?

The Department of Public Transportation policy is that you can only bring enough things on the bus which can sit your lap or under your seat. Multiple items exceeding this are prohibited, and you will be asked to arrange for alternate means of transportation, or reduce the number of items you are bringing with you.

Can I bring my pet on the bus?

Yes. If a passenger brings an animal (other than a service animal) on the bus, the animal must be in a secured cage and either placed on the passenger's lap or put between their feet on the floor. A cage is defined as an enclosed structure designed for the purpose of confining and carrying animals having at least one side by a grating or wires or bars that lets in air and light. The passenger cannot place the cage on another passenger's seat. The animal cannot bite, or otherwise disturb other passengers. It is the passenger's responsiblity to clean up after the animal should the animal vomit or defecate on the bus.

I have a scheduled ride with BC Lift. Where's my bus?

BC Lift staff will make every effort to make sure you are picked you up as close as possible to the time you want. Because this is a shared ride service the bus may be up to 15 minutes late and still considered on time. If it is beyond 15 minutes late, and you are not present to board, you cannot be penalized for being a "no show."

How can I board those little BC Transit buses I see around town?

Those buses are BC Lift buses or BC Country buses. BC Lift buses are for persons with disabilities who are unable to use our fixed route buses due to a disability. To ride, you must complete the BC Lift application, and call for a ride each time you are in need of the service. BC Country is for persons residing in rural parts of Broome County who are traveling to the urbanized core, and if you live in rural areas of Broome County you may qualify.

I have to work overtime at my job, and there are no buses when I get out. What are my options?

You may wish to look into Broome Tioga Rideshare program.


What holidays are you closed?

We are not in service on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. 

It’s snowing outside and my friend said buses are going to stop.

During heavy snow or ice storms, we typically have to interrupt service along routes 3, 17, and 47, please check our website or call our information line at 607.778.1692. Decisions about bus service are made by the BC Transit Operator in conjunction with the on duty supervisor. Passenger safety is our primary concern. BC Transit is an essential service in Broome County. Even during the area’s most recent disaster- the 2006 flood – our buses provided limited service, and assisted in evacuation efforts.

I lost my bus pass, can I get a replacement?

The Broome County Department of Public Transportation does not issue refunds or replacements for lost, stolen or missing passes.

Why do drivers announce stops?

It is the policy of the Broome County Department of Public Transportation to comply with the US Department of Transportation regulation 49 CFR sections 37.167(b) and (c).

b) On fixed route systems, the entity shall announce stops as follows:

  1. The entity shall announce at least at transfer points with other fixed routes, other major intersections and destination points, and intervals along a route sufficient to permit individuals with visual impairments or other disabilities to be oriented to their location.
  2. The entity shall announce any stop on request of an individual with a disability.

c) Where vehicles or other conveyances for more than one route serve the same stop, the entity shall provide a means by which an individual with a visual impairment or other disability can identify the proper vehicle to enter or be identified to the vehicle operator as a person seeking a ride on a particular route.