Broome County Dog Shelter
About Our Shelter
The Broome County Dog Shelter is supported through contracts with twelve towns to house stray adoptable dogs and puppies, as well as through redemption fees, adoption fees and donations to our trust fund.
What We Do:
- The Broome County Dog Shelter is dedicated to the following:
- Accepting all stray adoptable dogs and puppies from our contracted municipalities.
- Providing safe, clean housing and medical care for all adoptable dogs and puppies in our care.
- Providing a central location for owners to find and recover their missing pets.
- Accepting adoptable dogs and puppies that owners are unable to keep for any reason.
- Matching adoptable dogs and puppies with compatible, loving, adoptive families.
- Camp Barkalot - limited/specialized dog/puppy boarding for pets adopted from our shelter. Call for info.
- Providing referral information for any animal-related concern. Our staff can help you acquire the information you need!
- Promoting the importance of dog licensing, spaying and neutering, vaccinations, obedience and behavioral training.
- Increasing community awareness of the stray and pet over-population problems through shelter tours and off-site education programs.
Camp Barkalot is proud to offer limited boarding for that special canine family member who is unable to travel with you! We offer knowledgeable, caring staff, heated kennel floors and play/excercise yards. In the summer our yards are equipped with pools! For information on space availability or to book a "room", call the Broome County Dog Shelter at 607.778.2493.
- Murph McMahon - 607.669.4317 - http://www.myrphsdogtraining.com
(Dogs adopted from Front St. Dog Shelter get discount!)
- Rebecca's Canine Academy - 607.862.3131
- Rewarding Behaviors Dog Training - 607.725.1927 http://www.rewardingbehaviors.com/go/get/page/home
**Please note this is not a complete list of dog obedience instructors in this area.
Low Cost Spay/Neuter
- SPEAK - 607.729.7368
- Animal Care Council - 607.786.5740 (Cats Only)
- Friends of Animals - 1.800.631.2212
- Binghamton Animal Clinic - 723-1708 (male cats only)
- NYS Agriculture & Markets - 1.888.669.0870
Animal Cruelty Concerns In Broome County
Call the BC Humane Society (607.724.3709) and/or the police agency responsible for the�municipality where the�animal(s) are being kept/neglected/abused.
Preparing for Emergency Evacuation with Your Pets
Remember..... if it is not safe for you to stay, it is not safe to leave your pet(s).
[ More Information ]
Heartwarming Stories . . .
Sighs of the Heart