Built by the New York State Department of Transportation and leased, improved and maintained by Broome County Parks Department, Otsiningo provides a refreshing interlude close to the urban core. Named for one of the many 18th century Native American words for the lower Chenango River Valley, Otsiningo Park land was once inhabited by peoples of several Indian nations. With its easily-reached centralized location, easy-to-walk paved trails, and a specially-designed handicapped accessible playground, Otsiningo Park offers opportunities for all to enjoy a day at the park.
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Paved walking path
- Softball field, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Rate is $15.00 per day.
- Soccer fields, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Rate is $15.00 per field per day.
- Sand volleyball courts (4), available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Rate is $10.00 per court per day.
- Bocce court
- Children's play structures, including handicapped accessible features.
- Community gardens
- Two picnic shelters, 100 person capacity, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays and $30.00 on weekdays.
- Otsiningo Park Farmers' Market, Saturdays, May - October
Otsiningo Park Trail Guide (pdf, 258k)
Otsiningo Community Gardeners' Association
The Otsiningo Community Gardener's association offers a rental garden plot program to the public.
For more information, contact Melissa Keefer at email@example.com.
Directions to Otsiningo Park