Otsiningo Park / Otsiningo North
Built by the New York State Department of Transportation and leased, improved and maintained by Broome County Parks Department, Otsiningo provides a refreshing interlude close to the urban core. Bicycle and pedestrian paths are combined with picnic areas and athletic fields on a unique area of wooded riverbank.
Otsiningo got its name from the Indians who once lived there. It was the site of an Indian village in the 18th century.
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Paved walking path
- Softball field, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Rate is $15.00 per day.
- Soccer fields, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Rate is $15.00 per field per day.
- Fitness trail
- Sand volleyball courts (4), available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Rate is $10.00 per court per day.
- Bocce court
- Children's play structures
- Community gardens
- Two picnic shelters, 100 person capacity, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays and $30.00 on weekdays.
Otsiningo Park Trail Guide (pdf, 258k)
Otsiningo Community Gardeners' Association
The Otsiningo Community Gardener's association offers a rental garden plot program to the public.
For more information, contact Melissa Keefer at firstname.lastname@example.org.